I have noticed lots of my fellow vegan bloggers filling out surveys, so I thought I'd have my go at one...This ones from Food Snobbery is my Hobbery.
1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
Organic unsweetened soy milk from Trader Joe's. I only use soy milk in cooking and in smoothies, so the taste is never overwhelmingly present.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
Vegan Mac and Cheese
Spicy Tempeh Nori Rolls from Veganimicon
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
5. Favorite pickled item?
Baby Dill Pickles.
6. How do you organize your recipes?
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
All three depending on what's being disposed.
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)?
Whole Grain Bread
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
Apple Pies and Pancakes at Gramma Julie's
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
Purely Decadent Cookie Avalanche
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
Food Processor....Now all I need to do it get one!
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Too many to choose!! Turmeric, paprika, sage, basil, nutmeg.
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
Williams Sonoma Vegetarian Cookbook. A gift from my ex-boyfriend's sweet mother.
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
Apricot - #1. Blueberry - #2.
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Usually a pasta dish.
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
Not a huge fan of seitan, but please don't make me choose between tofu or tempeh!
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
Empty wine bottles.
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Flaxseeds, sprouted grain bread, Gardenburgers.
20. What's on your grocery list?
Tempeh, veggies, bread, juice, frozen berries.
21. Favorite grocery store?
Sundance Natural Foods or Market of Choice.
22. Name a recipe you'd love to veganize, but haven't yet.
I guess a quesadilla...? Not really into vegan chesse though.
23. Food blog you read the most. Or maybe the top 3?
Chocolate Covered Vegan
FatFree Vegan Kitchen
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
I have a MAJOR sweet tooth. I don't want to talk about it....
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
26. Favorite things to do.
Run/work out. Yoga. Play with my puppy, Tilly. Read blogs/write on my blog. Go to concerts. Be with my friends. Travel. Talk to my mama.
27. Goals for the future.
Create more of my own recipes. Become a yoga teacher. Open a vegan bakery with a dog bakery attached. Become a vegan.
I love this painting. And I got to see it when I was in Paris visiting my amazing Aunt Alison, Uncle Gilles and cousins, Shannon and Alyssa! I thought I'd share it with you in hopes that it will inspire you to create and share your light with others.