February 12, 2008

Birthday Cakes Galore!

On the 26th of January it was a certain J.’s birthday. 22!! A magic year. And this lucky man got two birthday cakes. One when we were on the coast celebrating with his family, and one when we got back to Eugene.

The first one was the legendary vegan cheesecake from Sweet Life. I was thrilled because I had only ever had one piece placed in front of me, and all of a sudden there was an entire cheesecake. We could eat cheesecake till we die!! It survived the trip to Waldport, but the berry topping got a little displaced along the way. Well, it didn’t matter one bit! The cheesecake was delicious on the night of J.’s birthday and the next day as well!



The second cake, made by moi, was a Raspberry Chocolate Cake. I got the recipe off FatFree Vegan Kitchen. And as always, it did not fail to impress. I was particularly impressed by the chocolate buttercream! It tasted and looked perfect. I decorated it with some left over raspberry preserves and some dark peppermint chocolate. I think, and hope, J. really enjoyed his birthday!



2 comments:

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Wow, I hope I get such delicious cakes when I turn 22 later this year!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I want to try the Raspberry Chocolate number! I know 2 little girls who would love to help me bake it and taste it too :-)
So excited to see the first pix of Tilly - she is GORGEOUS and your cousins were literally squeeling with delight! Luv, Big Al!