January 31, 2008

I <3 Tempeh!

I probably eat far too much tempeh, but I don't care. It's just sooooo good. I like it especially with an agave and mustard marinade. I usually mix about 3 tablespoons dijon mustard and 1 tablespoon raw blue agave then mix in some spices depending on my mood. I cubed the tempeh in pretty hefty sized chunks, but you could just as easily crumble it. This time I had it with broccoli and cauliflower. It made for a winning combination. Especially with the broccoli. Because broccoli is one of my top 3 favorite foods, I couldn't think of a better thing to put with tempeh.



For this tempeh goodness I just used the magic of leeks to flavor the whole dish. I also love leeks. Threw in some portabella mushroom caps and red bell peppers. So delicious. If you've never used leeks in your cooking I recommend doing so. They add so much amazing flavor. Also, definitely give tempeh a try. Vegans and non-vegans alike can enjoy this hearty, protein-filled ingredient.

1 comment:

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

I adore tempeh too (and broccoli is right up there with chocolate as one of my favorite foods!). Your agave and mustard marinade sounds really good; I'll have to try it!